Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
John Ross is continuing to impress in OTA’s
(05-23-2018, 07:20 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Agree, I would love to see Gio and Mixon on the field together in some two back sets 10/12 snaps a game. You could run all kinds of stuff with it.  Shifts and motions, run some flea flickers out of it, screens, just on and on.

Yes, the unpredictability of it is what really stands out to me. Defenses wouldn't know what is coming.

If we line up 3 and 4 WR sets they will, or go jumbo package they will.

(05-23-2018, 07:26 PM)fredtoast Wrote: If only one can carry the ball I don't see what the point is in using two backs.  I don't want to beat either one of them up using them as a blocking back, and while they are good receivers for RBs they can't get open with route running like a WR.  RBs run screens, flares, wheel routes and simple stuff like that just to get into space.  They can't run precision routes and make catches in small windows like WRs

Mixon particularly was spoken about his exceptional route running and hands at Oklahoma, he can run precision
routes like a WR. Gio is no slouch at this either, i don't care for those out screens that get Gio blown up. Would
prefer to use one of these guys as a Slot receiver at times. Not saying all game or anything.

The Patriots do this all the time, use their RB's as WR's. It is like an extended handoff.

(05-23-2018, 07:48 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I'm not so sure about putting both HBs in the formation.  San Francisco did that a lot in the late 80's to early 90's, didn't take too long for defenses to catch up to it.  Now, I'm all about having Hewitt in the game more often.  He's versatile, can block straight up like a FB, can line up in the wing and lead that way, can line up at TE and run routes or block, go in motion for either blocking or receiving, etc.  

Try a little more current Sunset, like how the Pats use their HB's at times as WR's. Our guys are made for this.

Love Hewitt but he is not near the gamebreaker that either Mixon or Gio are.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: John Ross is continuing to impress in OTA’s - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 05-24-2018, 12:42 PM