Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why no small pick up trucks anymore
(05-29-2018, 11:15 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: What's funny about this juxtaposition for me is that I traded in my 1999 Ranger for an Outback. We were pairing down to a one-vehicle household and my wife didn't want to try driving the truck, but acknowledged the need for the hauling space and the AWD. Now I have a 2012 Outback and I have to say that I can take it anywhere my Ranger, which was an XLT 4WD with a tow package, would go.

Yeah, my synthetic oil change is $45 down here at the dealer. I have the tools and the know-how, just not the space or the motivation to do it myself. But, I drive so little I only get an oil change once a year, so there is that.

Yup, it truly is a superb vehicle: I will only own/drive Subarus, so I'm a bit biased, but my Outback is beyond amazing, especially for it's age/size: You'd be amazed at how quickly I can zip in and out of traffic, it can still haul the boat without a hiccup and its been leaking oil since 2006, from the head gasket: still no major leak/blow.

Synthetic, I've never seen (unless its a deal) for less than $120.00 here, in Canada and this goes for every model/dealership. Mercs with synthetic are $150.00+, its insane.

(05-29-2018, 11:56 AM)WychesWarrior Wrote: Ah....I gotcha. I do most of my own work. That was the cost if the cat online.

I wish Sad
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why no small pick up trucks anymore - Truck_1_0_1_ - 05-29-2018, 02:18 PM