Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lazor bringing back a little smashmouth?
(06-08-2018, 08:10 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: You know, one player that really impressed me when they brought him here was Brian Leonard. I think Hewitt has a drive and work ethic like Brian Leonard. If I'm right, man this shit is going to be good. The dude don't speak a lot and tell you what he can do, he puts it all out on the field. I love this guy.

Brian Leonard was awesome back in the day, loved how when he did get a chance at RB he willed us to a win
over the Steelers. Dude right there has a special place in my heart. But Hewitt is more of a FB than a RB like
Leonard was. The thing i like about Hewitt is he really likes to hit people, when healthy i truly believe he is the
best FB in the league.

(06-08-2018, 08:31 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: After his rookie season, at 400K, the team signed him to a 3 year deal with an average of 2M.  That should tell you how much of an impact they felt he made in 2016.  

He was dinged up last year, and never made it back to full production.  If Bill Lazor is talking about getting him involved, it's for good reason.  The guy is just plain effective, weather it's as a lead blocker, man in motion, in the wing, or inline as a traditional TE.  Dude can ball it out.

He catches the ball everytime it is thrown to him as well it seems.

No doubt, this is not a hype thread, this is about Hewitt an H-Back that has done very well everytime he has
gotten a chance when healthy. Still remember the Broncos game a few years back after they just won the SB
and we were playing them. We ran the ball down their throats early, then Hewitt went out and we went away
from the run.

(06-08-2018, 09:54 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Damn right he can. I cant think of many issues with him last year in game action. When his number was called, he was pretty solid.

Yep, just has to stay healthy. His position is not an easy one to do that though. The man's position, taking on
Linebackers all day long and trying to lay them on their back. Thor is what i call him.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Lazor bringing back a little smashmouth? - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 06-09-2018, 03:56 PM