Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Confidence compaired to this time last year?
(06-14-2018, 08:02 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: What's your confidence in the team compared to this this time last year? Personally I have a lot more confidence this year. Last year I was worried about Zampese, Alexander, and the OL the most. All of which IMO were greatly upgraded. Lazor is a huge improvement from Zampese, and when Lazor was able to control all aspects of the offense the running game and offense significantly improved. Hell, even the OL improved after that. Alexander is gone and I think we have another huge improvement in Pollack. I think he's the kind of coach that we need right now, and I think that he will be able to make our guys work a lot better than Alexander did. We picked up two key pieces in the OL in Glenn and Price.

I think we're going to have a very solid team this year and other teams are going to have trouble stopping the run and putting points on our defense. I will be surprised if we don't go to the playoffs this year honestly, and I hope to God that we make it over that hump this year.

Night and day. Last year as i have said before was an "if year". If Ogbuehi and Fisher improved we might be decent
and under Piano Man this was unlikely. Zamp never impressed me even as a QB coach let alone as a Playcaller.

Pollack is intense, this is what everyone says about him and even veteran skill players in Gio and Eifert have been
talking about how much of a difference this guy has brought to the team. Hell, from accounts even Og has looked
much better which is damn near a miracle and tells a lot about how good Pollack is and how bad our last OL coach
was and how he held this team back for years.

Adding a proven LT in Cordy Glenn and probably the best Center in the Draft is monumental.

Lazor had to work with a frankenstein Gruden/Hue/Zamp playbook last year and the Offense still improved under
him once he decastrated PA and changed up the blocking scheme. We have the skill players already in place and
now we have a stud Center and a proven LT and young guys with promise in Westerman, Redmond, Fisher, Perkins,
Taylor and heck, maybe even Og. Cannot believe i even said that but you never know.

I know it will take some time for the new coaches and players to gel but once it does i am expecting big things this
year. With a decent Offense that can stay on the field and keep our Defense fresh we will be tough.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Confidence compaired to this time last year? - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 06-16-2018, 01:51 PM