Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Confidence compaired to this time last year?
(06-16-2018, 02:57 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: From a roster perspective, I'm not as confident as I was, heading into the 2015 season.  That was a special group, minus the last minute meltdown, who knows how far they could have went?  However, I am extremely pleased with the personnel changes, going into this season.  They were able to fill two gigantic weaknesses, prior to drafting a single player.  That allowed them to fill the next biggest, glaring need in the 1st round, and then just draft smart the rest of the way.

From a coaching staff perspective, I'm very confident that the men brought in will have the players better prepared than their predecessors.

From an organizational perspective, I'm actually smiling about them, for a change.  There seems to be a change in attitude, a bit of a change in overall culture, if you would.  The roster moves during the FA period were not anything that reminded me of what Mike Brown would have done, perhaps a signal that the baton truly has passed in that department?  But, even more than that, I've noticed sports writers even talking about the entire building is now brimming with energy.  I'm not sure what happened in the post season meetings between Marvin and Mike, but whatever it was, I'm liking the preliminary results.

No doubt that upgrading the roster and coaching has improved our outlook for this season. Anything less would have been a disappointment tbh. Now for the hat trick, we need to see Marvin rolling out with a 'take names and kick butt' attitude that will bury his (well-earned) reputation to date of not quite getting it done. Show me that and I'm liable to forget about the '15 team. 
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Confidence compaired to this time last year? - wildcats forever - 06-20-2018, 09:01 AM