Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AJ Green won't push for more money
(06-25-2018, 03:05 AM)grampahol Wrote: Ehhh..come contract talking time his agent isn't gonna be a shrinking violet ..He'll get mo money . As far as deserving? He catches a ball for a living. As far as I've ever been concerned no NFL player has ever been worth the kind of insane money these guys make . Since when has anyone ever been underpaid making $15m a year?  We should all be so unfortunate. 

I disagree with your assessment that "He catches a ball for a living".  He does a LOT more than that.  He catches that ball while other 6 foot plus,  200 pound plus, world class athletes are trying to prevent him from doing so and hitting him as hard as they legally can to knock him to the ground.  A lot of guys try and simply cannot catch that dang ball consistently well in that environment under those conditions over a long period of time.  They become the players that last a few years, bounce around the league and move on to their lifes work. Players like Dez Briscoe, Freddie Brown, Vidal Hazelton or Quan Cosby.                                                                                                                                                                  
The extremely few players that can catch that ball under those conditions as well as AJ Green in turn draw in hundreds of millions of dollars in merchandise sales, TV revenue, etc.  That's because millions of fans, just like yourself, are willing to spend their money to be entertained by them.  No disrespect to any of the players I mentioned earlier, as they ALL made it to the NFL.  That alone is a heck of an accomplishment and something to be proud of.  But no one would pay a lot of money to watch the Bengals trot out Zac Robinson to see him sling it around the field to Dez Briscoe, Freddie Brown, Vidal Hazelton or Quan Cosby.  So if the employee "AJ Green" in this case is bringing in bringing in tens or hundreds of millions to the employer, how much of that money does he earn and thus how much should he be able to keep for his elite work?
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: AJ Green won't push for more money - Shepdawg - 06-25-2018, 07:20 PM