Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Barnwell ranks Bengals offensive weapons #16
(07-11-2018, 07:23 PM)Steve Wrote: sounds like 12-4
& the AFC North title....
????

Entirely possible if the O-line improves enough and we stay relatively healthy.

(07-12-2018, 07:16 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Nailed it.  I try to look at things from a worst-case scenario and see how the team could still perform.  If Ross doesn't perform, or doesn't get the opportunity, I still see the likes of Malone, Core, Boyd, and maybe even Tate being "chain movers" along with our TEs (including Hewitt) having a much better opportunity with the newfound offensive line and rushing attack.  While I really wanted that fourth rounder spent on a LB, I think the competition at RB, plus Pollack, plus Price, Plus Glenn, Plus Redmond/Westerman equals an offense that can do so many more things than a year ago.

That, and I really liked what I saw from Lazor playing with all the same deficiencies of Zampese, he brought some life to a stagnant offense.  And by the end of the season, we saw 100 yard rushing games from both Mixon and Gio.  I also think Dalton will have a boulder-sized chip on his shoulder.  

(07-12-2018, 07:21 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I was listening to the NFL Network while mowing and they had Rasul Douglas (one of their CBs) and he was talking about how they have almost everyone back.  I have said that before about the Bengals, only to have them fall flat on their face.

If you stand still, you get passed.

The Bengals brought in Glenn.
They got Westerman and Redmond some much-needed game experience. 
They drafted Billy Price.
They brought in Frank Pollack.
They gave Lazor the OC position and he had an entire offseason to work in his system.
They have Ross healthy.
They could have Eifert healthy.
The brought in competition at RB for Mixon and Gio. 
They have Hewitt healthy.
They lost NO KEY TALENT on the offensive side of the ball.

That is just on offense.  I see great potential and I feel like by mid-season, this team will really be putting up some points.  

Yeah, i think we run up that #16 ranking pretty quick lol

But right now i don't blame him for where he ranks us, we were like the worst Offense in the NFL last year as Fred noted.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Barnwell ranks Bengals offensive weapons #16 - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 07-12-2018, 04:04 PM