Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What Are you Playing Now & General Game Discussions
(06-03-2021, 03:20 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: What class do you play as?  i think my first time thru on the 360 i was a Soldier (never 100%'d any of these)  and i dont think i played anything else just using my companions to do any other work that needs done.

(still havent started this trilogy been binge watching the expanse   lol)  and got about 80 hours into valhalla now

I always played Soldier first in each of the games.  Well I took the same character through each game I should say.  I tried to do that with ME:LE, but I gave up in ME3 and switched to Vanguard, because Soldier was just too boring.

If you want suggestions for each game, see below:
General:  Stay away from Soldier in all three games, stay away from Infiltrator on consoles (aiming on consoles sucks compared to using a mouse), however, Infiltrator is one of THE most beloved classes, so if you can live with the crappy aiming, then give it a shot.

ME1 - Stay away from Engineer (mostly just CC so kinda boring), adept is highly favored because in ME1 abilities don't share cooldowns, and Adept have like 10 different damage and CC abilities to stack and combine

ME2 - First game where Infiltrator truly shines, Vanguard rocks, Engineer is playable due to getting a drone, Adept falls off some due to losing abilities and sharing cooldowns, but still fun

ME3 - Every class is fun to play, combat is the best in the series, Engineers have two different drones now, Adepts and Vanguard are king, with Infiltrator the best for Insanity run if you can aim.  Damage combo explosions are king and satisfying from start to end.  Sentinel is a walking unkillable tank.

So essentially just stay away from Soldier, and remember to treat like a true RPG.  Enjoy the story.  Talk to everyone.  It's not a combat simulator.  Enjoy the ride.

My second play through (all 3 games) will be as a Maleshep Adept (ME1 romance Ashley (kill Virmire) ME2 Jack, ME3 Nobody).  I might try starting an Infiltrator in ME3, just to see if I have gotten better at aiming with a controller.....doubt it, but I want to try.  :)
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: What Are you Playing Now & General Game Discussions - Stewy - 06-03-2021, 05:01 PM