Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What Are you Playing Now & General Game Discussions
(06-03-2021, 08:30 PM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: Always keep Kaiden Alenko alive. He’s so much more interesting to me than Ashley.

meh - this always is a huge debate, but I'm not going to argue it here, except to provide the following info.

ME1 - Ashley is by far the more useful companion of the two.  They are the two worst by far of your 6 companions, which means Kaidan is all but useless in ME1.

ME2 - They are the same character with the same lines.  No difference at all.

ME3 - Every companion has two unlocks for abilities that Shepard can use as a bonus power.  They are unlocked through event locked conversations.  When you unlock the power you unlock it forever in ME3 for every playthrough, so you NEED to bring both of them to the point where you can unlock their powers at least once.  I'd say when this is, but I don't want to give spoilers.....but it's at least 40% through the game, so it takes a long time through ME3 to unlock their powers.  Kaidan has probably the best bonus power in the game, Reave.  Their usefulness flips in ME3 with Kaidan being one of the best overall companions, bordering on being OP, vs. Ashley who is borederline useless.

With that said, i have almost always saved Ashley because I find Kaidan's VA very annoying Rapheal Sbarge (also the voice of Carth Onasi in KOTOR).  However, my wife loves Sbarge, and I want to try him as a companion for msyelf in ME3 so my next playthrough I plan to keep him alive of Ashley.

90% through ME3 now, then going back to ME to work on achievements or maybe take a ME break and play some FO4.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: What Are you Playing Now & General Game Discussions - Stewy - 06-04-2021, 11:38 AM