Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What Are you Playing Now & General Game Discussions
(07-01-2021, 11:02 AM)XenoMorph Wrote:  played maybe the first 30 minutes before i put it down for some reason and never came back.. Id welcome advice.  It looks fun.  and i have all the DLC 

#1 - There aren't any where near enough skill point to max all the skills, so don't think you have to max ANY of them.

#2 - A huge portion of combat isusing your squamates abilities.  They cannot use them themselves, YOU have to activate them, and it isn't free.  You need 20 Inspiration Skill to unlock the right to use companion abilities.  Get this FIRST if you didn't come out of the character creator with 20 Inspiration.

#3 - Pavarti is the best companion, hands down.  If you look up best companions or ranked companions on the internet, everyone pretty much agrees she is #1 and you get her first.  She does good damage but she is an engineer, enhanced engineering, and lockpicking and her ability is an AE stun that does a bunch of damage.

#4 - Combat seems redundant at first especially since you only have two companion abilities to use and NO abilities of your own.  You just have skills and perks.  However, having played through twice, the combat always seemed satisfying even though at first appearances it seems so limited.  Can't explain it really.

#5 - Weapon/Skill/Attributes Focus - Attributes have synergies with multiple skills.  If you're ranged you don't need Str/Dex and you want to focus on Mind.  A certain amount of personality is always good because there is ALOT of dialog and a lot of convincing you need to do.  But I'd focus on one Dialog skill.  Don't spread yourself out.  AR's are the cream of damage dealing, with Sniper rifles being long guns as well.  It's what I used both times through.  Couldn't help myself.  I'm not much into melee.

#5a - If you decide to go melee and ignore intelligence, and LOWER your intelligence during character creation you can be considered DUMB.  This leads to unique (and apparently hilarious) dialog with different ways to persuade NPC's.

#6 - Ranged Combat and Defense - If you're doing ranged combat you need no real defensive skills.  However no matter what your build you need the ability to LEAP (20 DODGE skill).  Certain chests and areas can only be reached by leaping/jumping, so it is something you need to unlock on every build.

#7 - Science Weapons - you really have to focus all your perks/skills and have Sci Weapons equipped by the entire party to really make these perform.  Over half the science weapons are crap, so I'd hold off using them for a second playthrough AND look up which ones are best.  Don't buy Science weapon perks unless you plan to use them the entire game.

#8 - So....a quirk of the AI.  You set your companions to aggressive, neutral or defense.  If you're sniping and killing a mob puts other mobs into SEARCH mode (think Fallout), if your companions are set to aggressive, they will engage the searching mobs no matter the distance and likely get themselves killed.  So if you're sniping, set them to neutral.

Finally there is a Re-Spec machine on your ship the Unreliable.  It resets skills and perks, but not your original attribute choices.  So you really cannot switch between melee and Long guns on the same playthrough without penalties one way or the other.

Enjoy!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: What Are you Playing Now & General Game Discussions - Stewy - 07-01-2021, 10:15 PM