Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What Are you Playing Now & General Game Discussions
(10-04-2021, 11:24 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: No Xbox is playing a Different game...  So you have no need to get a box.    They are making all their games available just about everywhere but competing platforms..

I bet that is an amazing Sega Collection....   (a company i love and wouldnt mind seeing MS acquire if it stops them from having financial issues.    i know they have had some struggles lately closing Sega arcade and then Sega Sammi Split the games section off)    but its not where MS is looking at the moment i dont think and Sega might have gotten a truckfull of money from its recent nintendo deal thats putting its old games on to the Switch Online

Which Yakuza is the best starting Point Kiwami or 0

Correct; they are making is pure streaming so you can use a Box, PC or whatever. Not sure how long it'll take, but still not interested lol. If North America didn't play videogames or use cell phones, Apple and Xbox wouldn't exist (as brands) lol.

I thank you Big Grin. I can share the pics here, but they are a lot, so I need to figure it out lol; stay tuned Wink

As for the best jumping in point, hard to say; you can go either way. Objectively:

0: Better game on the whole, weaker story, better soundtrack, more-varied gameplay, more to do, changes Majima's character (that lasts for 1 1/2 games) to some bullshit, sappy crap, has in-jokes to 1 and 2 that you won't get, until you play those titles. Has some bleak moments, but fairly-positive in the end.

1/Kiwami: Worse game on the whole, much-better story, soundtrack is about even (1) or worse (Kiwami), less-varied, but still good gameplay, less to do, Majima is how he really is, darker, more-gritty crime drama that tugs less on heartstrings. Sets up the series VERY well.

1 is my 3rd favourite game in the series, 0 my 6th. I deem 0 to be the 5th best game in the series and Kiwami, 10th.

This is out of 17 mainline titles and spinoffs (Lost Judgement makes 18 titles, but I'm still in chapter 1, 8 hours in lol). I've played each game from beginning to end, at least twice, save for Kiwami 2, 7 and Judge Eyes (the first Judgement) and 3 and 5, I've played 3 times (3 is my 4th favourite videogame ever and my favourite of the entire series).

As a result, I think I have a pretty good handle on the series LOL. I would still say it's up to you, but if you are someone who like gameplay progression, from game to game, go with release order first (Kiwami, Kiwami 2, 3, 4, 5, 0, 6, 7). If you want story progression, 0, Kiwami, Kiwami 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7.

If I had to give an entire series recommendation, I would play it in release order:

1, 2, Kenzan!, 3, Kurohyo: Shinso, 4, Dead Souls, Kurohyo 2: Ashura Hen, 5, Ishin!, 0, Kiwami, 6, Kiwami 2, Hokuto ga Gotoku (Lost Paradise), Judge Eyes, 7, Lost Judgement.

One thing that may be the kicker, is that Kiwami is literally just a facelift of 1, with some additions; you get the same clunky fighting (at first; it changes a few chapters in) and early-installment weirdness, just looking better.

But yes, the series is phenomenally-crafted from top to bottom, just fantastic and definitely worth your time Big Grin
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: What Are you Playing Now & General Game Discussions - Truck_1_0_1_ - 10-04-2021, 05:57 PM