Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What Are you Playing Now & General Game Discussions
(10-12-2021, 01:48 PM)The D.O.Z. Wrote: Yeah I’m stuck on a boss, Experiment Z53, that I’ve pretty much given up on. I’ve watched kill videos and still can’t beat it. Considering trading all this Nintendo stuff in at GameStop and get a PS4 Pro. Go back to Final Fantasy XIV where a person with my anger issues can relax and stop yelling strings of obscenities at my tv!

Good to know it ramps up in difficulty on the bosses. Only beaten 3 proper ones (currently in sleep mode in boss opening cutscene) I think my boss resets have mostly been because I stink at timing the counter but I want to see the quicktime/notactuallyquicktime scene. The cinematics are so good in this game. 

A lot to love about Dread, but it's not the 10/10 knockout I was hoping for quite yet. I'm especially worried about it's replayability, which is a staple of the Metroid series. Super Metroid is so infinitely replayable because once you master the movement techniques you can do all sorts of funky sequence breaks. The one or two times I obtained an item I clearly wasn't supposed to in Dread I got a "you can't use this yet" message which was a bummer. 

I doubt it was intentional, but I love that the rhythm for bomb jumping is the exact same as Super Metroid. No idea where I am in the game (I think about 40%ish?) but so far a very solid 9/10.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: What Are you Playing Now & General Game Discussions - CKwi88 - 10-12-2021, 05:22 PM