Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What Are you Playing Now & General Game Discussions
(11-04-2021, 04:10 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Balance is key. That said, companies will push digital hard, because it gives them all the power and control, removes production costs for physical games, and keeps people from buying/playing used games.

Companies are already pushing all digital systems and rewarding people more for digital purchases.

Consumers just have to fight to keep balance. I guess the only real way to do so is to mostly buy physical when possible, although I understand many people prefer digital. I just wish everyone would be aware of what the long term effects could be.

I totally agree...  Myself i dont use game pass... But understand what value it has and will probly get it.  but i still purchase most the games i want.

Now it gets tricky   Cause the big choice between disc and digital with Xbox at least is Disc i can let someone borrow it...  Or Digital i basically get 2 copies for the price of 1 with game sharing.   (or play anywhere with xbox,pc,cloud etc...)

For instance i have Halo infinite and Elden ring preorder for disc cause i want the disc and the boxes...
(i dont think PC games have had anything more than download codes for years now. )

But the trend is moving to all digital as some companies are trying to get carbon nuetral i think its called... So less environmental impact etc.

I used to be that guy in gamestop at least once a week looking for a deal.. Now the digital store usually offers better deals than the stores ever due if your patient. (this and i am running out of shelf space lol)

i like both ways. and will be sad if either disappears completely.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: What Are you Playing Now & General Game Discussions - XenoMorph - 11-04-2021, 04:45 PM