Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What Are you Playing Now & General Game Discussions
(11-09-2021, 04:31 PM)The D.O.Z. Wrote: At this point, I’d much rather continue buying Elder Scrolls Online expansions than I would yet another Skyrim. Its a good game, I can’t deny that, but Bethesda has really been dropping the ball here in the recent past. Instead of producing a new Elder Scrolls game, lets rerererelease Skyrim. Mods be damned, its still THE SAME GAME. Prettier graphics. But not much actually NEW. Bet it’ll have that sexy $60+ price tag as well.

We haven't had a new mainline Elder Scrolls since 2011.
Haven't had a new GTA since 2013.
Nintendo is milking old ports to death.
I'm probably leaving out a bunch of franchises that have gone a decade+.

I think permanent online games such as Fortnite and GTA online have completely wrecked the gaming landscape, and companies have shifted to trying to find the next online goldmine that only needs occasional tweaks and can sell virtual cosmetics for all eternity.

It's low effort and makes way more money. I think the trend will die eventually as people get sick of waiting a decade+ for entirely new games.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: What Are you Playing Now & General Game Discussions - Shake n Blake - 11-09-2021, 07:01 PM