Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What Are you Playing Now & General Game Discussions
(12-16-2021, 01:49 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Bro you're scaring me. LOL I was thiiis close to mentioning how much I loved 12's combat system, but the story held it back. If the story wasn't so weak and kinda boring, it'd be my top FF for sure.

I had my gambits set up so tight I could eat cereal while watching my team in boss fights.

Btw, I forget the knight characters name, but to this day when I piss off my wife, I say "I must apologize. I'm sorry. Forgive me. For the sake of Dalmasca!".

The FF perfect game for me would be a modern engine + FF12's combat/license board + FF VI's story.

Knight Character = Basch his twin brother who betrayed Dalmasca was Gabranth

Problems with the Story:
Vann = I love his character, but he is a very poor protag.  Basch would have been a much better central character
Lady Ashe = Her obsession with revenge really damages her character.  She is supposed to be the great rebel leader, but her attitude is that of a spoiled child willing to exact revenge at all and any costs.
Balthier = Best groupable character in the game, and would have been a better central character than Vann.  His story and character development are not used very well in the overall story.
Basch = Disgraced noble knight again would have been a better central character
Lord Vayne = what a craptacular and uninteresting bad guy
Going out to grind levels for hours is more interesting than moving the story along and that's a problem.
Larsa = The best part of the story (well ahead of Balthier).  Every experience with him is good and done well, yet after the emporer is murdered, he's almost forgotten.

Side note:  Combat in FF games has sucked since FF12.  They had the perfect system and keep changing it.  I can't stand FF13/FF15.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: What Are you Playing Now & General Game Discussions - Stewy - 12-16-2021, 11:09 AM