Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What Are you Playing Now & General Game Discussions
(12-16-2021, 11:09 AM)Stewy Wrote: The FF perfect game for me would be a modern engine + FF12's combat/license board + FF VI's story.

Knight Character = Basch his twin brother who betrayed Dalmasca was Gabranth

Problems with the Story:
Vann = I love his character, but he is a very poor protag.  Basch would have been a much better central character
Lady Ashe = Her obsession with revenge really damages her character.  She is supposed to be the great rebel leader, but her attitude is that of a spoiled child willing to exact revenge at all and any costs.
Balthier = Best groupable character in the game, and would have been a better central character than Vann.  His story and character development are not used very well in the overall story.
Basch = Disgraced noble knight again would have been a better central character
Lord Vayne = what a craptacular and uninteresting bad guy
Going out to grind levels for hours is more interesting than moving the story along and that's a problem.
Larsa = The best part of the story (well ahead of Balthier).  Every experience with him is good and done well, yet after the emporer is murdered, he's almost forgotten.

Side note:  Combat in FF games has sucked since FF12.  They had the perfect system and keep changing it.  I can't stand FF13/FF15.

I liked Balthier and Basch. Most of the characters were very forgettable. My favorite memories with that game have nothing to do with storyline. Getting the Deathbringer super early and being OP. Getting the Zodiac Spear early and grinding for the Tournesol (lost my save, never again).

Agree on the combat. I never played anything after 12, but I watched my Wife play 13 a lot, and used to bash the combat system on a regular basis. Wasn't there a main character you had to keep alive or your entire party died?

(12-16-2021, 01:36 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: Couldn't agree more. And yet despite the Disney-esque characters and story the combat, atmosphere and exploring all make it my favorite.

If Shake REALLY wants a hot take. FFXIII > VII. Don't @ me Ninja

Now THAT is a hot take that would make Skip Bayless blush.

Can't say I agree with that one. I think 7 is overrated to death, but 13 doesn't even exist to me. LOL
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: What Are you Playing Now & General Game Discussions - Shake n Blake - 12-17-2021, 01:19 AM