Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What Are you Playing Now & General Game Discussions
(01-25-2022, 04:15 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: What exactly is Microsoft looking to do with Activision Blizzard?

IMO, most of their titles are either beaten to death (WoW, CoD), have their best days behind them (Overwatch, Diablo, Spyro) or are dormant and any continuation would just be an obvious cash grab (RTS Warcraft/Starcraft, Crash Bandicoot, Guitar Hero).

Best of luck to them.

judging by the Phil Spencer Quotes hes looking at Bringing back a lot of the Dead IPs they own....

Will say out front... Deal isnt done. So everything is just speculation at the moment.

But you are 100% correct A/B  over the last few years has been pretty singularly focused...    Make COD cash cow every year  (Still #1 selling game yearly all consoles it sells on)      and Milk WoW....         I havent played WoW since like 2008 ish so i dont know what it has left to give.    

But Future plans will likely be dropping COD from the yearly cycle..  Freeing all those Dev teams that have been regulated to COD support over the last 10 years.   And let them pick some IPs to work on.    (which Activision owned all of the old Seirra Games and more)     

Likely get new Crash,Spyro,Banjo(xbox property but use Toys by Bob dev)   
Phil Directly mentioned Guitar Hero, and Hexen and a few more.

Blizzard just announced a new IP in the works.

Biggest part of this deal is likely KING (candy crush)  for the mobile division  (as they can help optimize all the games for cloud/mobile
 and Blizzard (battlenet) for the PC side of things.    (as i hear Xbox PC store or launcher is less than to be desired)
as new games will be a while out the older titles can get put into game pass or receive remasters.   

There is Talk of Resurrecting the Starcraft IP as well.
Wow For Console is a rumor.. it did just get controller support on PC.

And hopefully they can fast track diablo out of dev hell

Only time will tell if this becomes a good move for MS or not.    But activitison as it was  was a sinking ship
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: What Are you Playing Now & General Game Discussions - XenoMorph - 01-25-2022, 06:26 PM