Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What Are you Playing Now & General Game Discussions
(02-18-2022, 10:38 AM)CKwi88 Wrote: Nowadays I would say the JRPG tag really just is "RPG made in Japan". Maybe 30 years ago there was an argument to have it be a subgenre of RPGs, but now I feel like "action/adventure" "tactical" and "turn-based" all offer more precision as to the style of game.

So yes, the Souls series is undoubtedly a JRPG, but it's much more specific to call it an "action RPG". Given the Souls series influence, you could make an argument that there is a "souls-like" subgenre of RPGs even.

I would say Character Leveling mechanics is a huge important part of RPGs... for me.    Fallout Darksouls have more rpg like leveling systems than skyrim does. (skyim leveling is as basic as fable 1) 

Cause there are Western RPGs and JRPGs but developers from japan could make a western style RPG then what the hell do we call it lol

The new Assassins Creeds are definately open world RPGs... The old style Assassin Creeds where Action Adventure games
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: What Are you Playing Now & General Game Discussions - XenoMorph - 02-18-2022, 11:15 AM