Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What Are you Playing Now & General Game Discussions
(05-20-2022, 01:51 PM)The D.O.Z. Wrote: Im having a better go of it now. I spent some time farming and leveled up a bit. Went and got the Twinblade and upgraded it a couple times. Now I’m following the lights to what I assume is the castle to the NW.

I had no idea what keepsakes were when I made my character. I browsed through them and thought activating one would cheapen my game experience, so I didn’t pick one. Was this a mistake?

I am playing this purely single player, I haven’t reupped my PS+ sub. Am I missing out on a key element of the game by not having multiplayer capability?

with no multiplayer you will miss out on the ability to summon other players to assist you which can be quiet useful for bosses that are causing you issues (summoning other plays does increase boss Hitpoints though).  But the game allows you to Summon Ashes instead and some of these are extremely powerful and useful as well as some NPC Characters for boss fights. and some NPC invaders as well     For instance the castle to the NW the first boss is on the bridge to get into the castle.    (Before i beat that boss i explored all of limgrave i could and the island to the south of it...)   and was probly round level 30.   there is an item in one of the caves (mirkwater or wood cave i believe) in limgrave that helps with the boss fight. and several of the Ashes to find early. (godrick solders i think is just south of the castle wall towards the west coast)

You will know you can summon your ashes when you see the little Ghostly Gate icon on the bottom right of the screen.    (for bosses you have to step into the boss arena first)

getting used to the controls helps alot.    Jump attacks / Heavy attacks help break enemies poise faster which opens them to big damage attacks. (backstab or riposte)  and most weapons have an Ash of War you activate by using Left Trigger. 

For your item slots (directional pad )   you can get back to the first item in each section by holding it down for a second. so i always kept my health potions in slot 1

Additionally on the menu you can added 4 more things to a hot menu that you activate in game by holding Y i believe.  (whatever Y is on Playstation lol triangle?)

Also that first castle if you dont want to do it yet you can go around the side by going out to the broken bridge near the finger crone.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: What Are you Playing Now & General Game Discussions - XenoMorph - 05-20-2022, 02:05 PM