Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What Are you Playing Now & General Game Discussions
(06-14-2022, 10:31 AM)Millhouse Wrote: Finally started Elden Ring yesterday. I have to admint, I don't know how I feel about the open world aspect of it just yet. Hopefully it's because it's early on at the moment when I feel underpowered, but just doesn't feel right with everything else basically being 'Dark Souls'ess.  

Other than that, game is very smooth, great graphics, and overall what I expected on the Series X.

I'll take the potentially unpopular opinion that the OG Dark Souls trilogy was the right amount of "open world" for what these games want to be. You had plenty of liberty to do just about whatever you wanted in just about any order. They were big worlds, but nothing felt wasted. 

Elden Ring's open world starts out great but loses its steam (at least IMO) as you start to wonder if it's actually going to be worth exploring or if you'll just get a small amount of runes and an ash that you'll never use. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: What Are you Playing Now & General Game Discussions - CKwi88 - 06-16-2022, 10:33 AM