Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What Are you Playing Now & General Game Discussions
(06-16-2022, 07:00 PM)Millhouse Wrote: I'll take that opinion too. I am a big fan of open world rpg games, but Dark Souls games are very cryptic in nature yet also overall quite linear from start to finish which works perfectly together. This game is also very cryptic, but because it's open world, I am at the point of not knowing where I need to go next after I have beaten Godrick. I am sure one of the npcs told me, but the map kinda sucks in general and nothing was recorded to go back to read. In other words, there is no quest info available like every other open world game has to help guide the player. 

So basically going forward, I am going to use walkthrough guides for basic directions on where to go next from boss to boss, and so on. Im not going to waste hours on end just riding around hoping to find stuff I need to upgrade weapons and leveling up. But if it was a more linear open world, I wouldnt use the walkthrough guides.

I used IGN’s walkthrough and it helped tremendously. They list all the areas, bosses, and loot tables so you can plan ahead. I started a fresh playthrough as a sorcerer lately and knowing where to get good early game spells has been a huge help. Hope it helps!
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: What Are you Playing Now & General Game Discussions - The D.O.Z. - 06-19-2022, 02:11 PM