Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What Are you Playing Now & General Game Discussions
(02-17-2023, 09:30 PM)basballguy Wrote: So how do y'all stay interested in games?  I know some of you are completionists and it probably isn't a problem for you but as I get older I find it harder and harder to immerse myself in games to where i actually care about the story...so I keep going back to roguelike games or games with no real story...like say Civ 6 or sports games.  

Thinking back, the last game I really cared about the story for was Starcraft 2 (all 3 releases) but probably because I enjoyed SC1 so much.  I'm sure I'll enjoy the Diablo story when it comes out.  

Like for instance, Chained Echos (recommended here, which i enjoy playing) i find myself just fast forwarding through the dialogs because it just doesn't seem interesting to me.  

Maybe this is just an "I'm Old" post.....

53 here and still get engrossed in stories.  I am a completionist, but when I get bored of "completing" stuff, I'll go move the story along.  Used to be I would do everything I could until there was nothing but story left.  You mention Starcraft, but I don't care about the story in any games but RPGs.  If a non-RPG has a decent story, then fine, but for me it isn't required.  I only judge RPGs by the story.

Frankly if you're worried about skipping the stories in FPS and RTS games and worrying about it, I wouldn't.  Bth of those genres are about gameplay first second and third, and story 4th.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: What Are you Playing Now & General Game Discussions - Stewy - 02-17-2023, 10:27 PM