Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What Are you Playing Now & General Game Discussions
Update on Hogwarts Legacy:

So I finally started playing it and it really is fantastic. It probably has the best prologue I've experienced in a RPG since Mass Effect 2. It took a while to make it outside of Hogwarts into the open area, but outside of the castle it a classic open world RPG. The quests and side quests are done very well and remind me a lot of Witcher 3, where even though you're always using your Witcher sense (in this case spells), you use them in very different ways.

Casting spells is constantly satisfying. The graphics are astounding. On a recent side quest where a Gryphondor acquaintance (Im Hufflepuff) wanted to speak to me in private outside of the castle, I had to exit out of the South of the Castle, and I stopped dead to take in the scene......the South of the Castle is a recreation of the scene from the third movie where you go down a steep slope down to Hagrid's hut. It was astounding. It was like being in the movie, minus the fact that it's set 100+ years in the past.

They do an excellent job honoring the movies, but not so much the books. This is WB and JKR has nothing to do with it, so that shouldn't be a huge surprise, but my point essentially is if you like the movies, you'll get some extra kicks out of the game because many of the environments, inside and outside of Hogwarts are right from the movies.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: What Are you Playing Now & General Game Discussions - Stewy - 02-17-2023, 10:37 PM