Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What Are you Playing Now & General Game Discussions
(02-17-2023, 10:27 PM)Stewy Wrote: 53 here and still get engrossed in stories.  I am a completionist, but when I get bored of "completing" stuff, I'll go move the story along.  Used to be I would do everything I could until there was nothing but story left.  You mention Starcraft, but I don't care about the story in any games but RPGs.  If a non-RPG has a decent story, then fine, but for me it isn't required.  I only judge RPGs by the story.

Frankly if you're worried about skipping the stories in FPS and RTS games and worrying about it, I wouldn't.  Bth of those genres are about gameplay first second and third, and story 4th.

I didn’t mention any FPS (don’t play those). StarCraft, in my opinion, was an anomaly when it comes to stories but Blizzard games used to always carry a good story….the Warcraft story was so good it spawned probably the greatest MMO we will ever see.

But more on topic, I am referring to RPGs (I mentioned Chained Echos as an example).

Again it could just be me, but I’m fishing to see if anyone is in the same boat.
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: What Are you Playing Now & General Game Discussions - basballguy - 02-18-2023, 08:10 AM