Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What Are you Playing Now & General Game Discussions
(03-27-2023, 09:15 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: This past weeked was open to anyone... no purchase was needed..

And the game is really good.  i played till the max level i could get in this beta and a little more.

This is a Day 1 for me....   Out of all the games this year maybe 3-5 will be day ones but this is definitely one of them

(others for context will be things like Baldur's Gate 3 and Starfield.   and i bought AoE2 DE day 1 when it came to xbox.)

I thought (minus the random lag and queue issues you would typically see with an open beta) it's put together really well.  Here are my thoughts:
  • It took me awhile to figure out they made the world a bit more "wowlike".  Like where dungeons seem to be instances and the open world is pretty much static.  Honestly, I think this is a good thing if they're gonna wanna progress D4 as a long term IP. 
  • Playstyle remains the same from previous versions of Diablo so that doesn't seem lost.  '
  • Monster clusters seem to be smaller...perhaps because they respawn now in the open world?  (They don't respawn in dungeons i don't think) 
  • I think i'm in the minority here but I like how they did the talents....maybe the UI for it kinda sucks but i do like the talent customization
  • I think the way they implement gear upgrades is pretty neat (beyond socketing gems).  It gave me a reason to just not immediately swap out a legendary piece simply because i came across a higher ilevel item than said legendary.
  • Other than that, it's tough to gauge the game when capped at 25.  I think D3 end game was really well polished so I'm curious to see what they change there.  
It seems like a really good game, I'll be buying it Day 1 just as you noted.  

Edit: I'm also targeting BG3 and Starfield as Day 1 purchases along with probably Redfall and the new Zelda.
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: What Are you Playing Now & General Game Discussions - basballguy - 03-27-2023, 01:42 PM