Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What Are you Playing Now & General Game Discussions
(03-27-2023, 01:42 PM)basballguy Wrote: I thought (minus the random lag and queue issues you would typically see with an open beta) it's put together really well.  Here are my thoughts:

• It took me awhile to figure out they made the world a bit more "wowlike".  Like where dungeons seem to be instances and the open world is pretty much static.  Honestly, I think this is a good thing if they're gonna wanna progress D4 as a long term IP. 
  • Playstyle remains the same from previous versions of Diablo so that doesn't seem lost.  '
  • Monster clusters seem to be smaller...perhaps because they respawn now in the open world?  (They don't respawn in dungeons i don't think) 
  • I think i'm in the minority here but I like how they did the talents....maybe the UI for it kinda sucks but i do like the talent customization
  • I think the way they implement gear upgrades is pretty neat (beyond socketing gems).  It gave me a reason to just not immediately swap out a legendary piece simply because i came across a higher ilevel item than said legendary.
  • Other than that, it's tough to gauge the game when capped at 25.  I think D3 end game was really well polished so I'm curious to see what they change there.  
It seems like a really good game, I'll be buying it Day 1 just as you noted.  

Edit:  I'm also targeting BG3 and Starfield as Day 1 purchases along with probably Redfall and the new Zelda.

Yeah i had 1 crash or freeze but outside of that didnt have any technical issues.

there's a lot of new Stuff on how they did items and things.. No need to Identify.  (deckard is gone after all)   I didnt play around with it much but the fact your cosmetics you pick up thru scrapping can apply to whatever your using was a neat concept  (no longer must one choose between fashion and usefulness..)

And also that you can take the Legendary skill off one item and put it on another to make that one legendary... Is a neat concept that might take a while to truly find the max of.

skill tree was interesting.. Best part is it looks like respecing is easy just cost gold so trying build varieties wont eat up weeks of grinding (diablo 2 im looking at you lol)

i never got my mount either....     All and all a good beta.   Ready for the main thing...

Now to go clear some Hard drive space.

If one was gonna wait to pick up maybe wait till they are ready to launch season 1.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: What Are you Playing Now & General Game Discussions - XenoMorph - 03-27-2023, 02:54 PM