Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What Are you Playing Now & General Game Discussions
(04-01-2023, 11:26 PM)basballguy Wrote: I just saw E3 was canceled permanently...i thought it was an april fools thing but i guess it happened a couple days ago.  I guess i'll just continue to get my video game updates from Xeno :)

I noticed this trend happening before Covid but it seems like conventions as a whole are happening less and less.   I have been watching conventions in the IT/telecom space get canceled (permanently) for years.

Or maybe it's just cyclical, I don't know.  I know Blizzcon isn't what it used to be....I can't remember the last time QuakeCon was even in the news and it still doesn't have a 2023 date (i think).

yeah sad news about E3   i will likely still refer to all summer games shows as E3 so i apologize in advance lol.      I know quake con got hit hard. i think they had people back in person last year though.   E3 couldnt get enough vendors to commit to floor room shows.  everyone is now doing there own little events which are probly more cost effective for them.   Ninendo does their Directs.   PS has their little shows and now even Xbox has Developer directs.  (along with just about every other publisher too)  so they no longer wait for these big events to show things off.

Ill try and provide a list of Summer Events when we get closer.

Just rolled credits on the Outerworlds... Really liked it gotta run thru the DLCs now.      the game play overall reminds me a lot of a mass effect game.
Ship as your base of operations..  Several companions can take 2 when leaving the ship.  they each provide special abilities and story dialog/banter.

The game got a lot of fallout comparisons. maybe in the gunplay or leveling system  but to me this is much closer to a mass effect andromeda type deal. (not in a bad way)
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: What Are you Playing Now & General Game Discussions - XenoMorph - 04-03-2023, 08:47 AM