Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What Are you Playing Now & General Game Discussions
(05-03-2023, 09:18 PM)basballguy Wrote: Redfall is getting smashed in reviews.  I haven't bought it yet but now it's increasingly unlikely that i do

It's basically a scam for $70 or $100. I have gamepass, so I didn't buy it, but made it about 3-4 hours in before uninstalling. It actually felt like a year or two before it should have been released, it was that bad for a AAA game.

- I have a Series X, and it was only running capped at 30 fps for starters. This is inexcusable for a AAA launch game in 2023, and it made movement and looking around clunky and just bad.
- As I got more into the game, more bugs were appearing mainly visual, and then crashing at times.
- The story was basically in a bunch of scattered notes and recordings you had to listen to while at that spot, not liek Fallout where you can listen as you explore.
- The AI was horrific, worse than AI in games of 15 years ago. Now I know AI in open world games isn't usually as good as AI in linear sort of games, but this was top tier bad for a AAA game in 2023.

So I would steer far and wide of this game for now. IF by some miracle it gets massive upgrades and patchs in the next few months, I highly recommend getting Gamepass to try it out at that point (then just cancel if you don't like the game). It's basically losing out $10 instead of $70

My Redfall grade for release 3/10.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: What Are you Playing Now & General Game Discussions - Millhouse - 05-06-2023, 11:14 AM