Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What Are you Playing Now & General Game Discussions
(05-12-2023, 10:58 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: From what i heard.   A while back they changed direction to make it back to a fully single-player game (after the success of respawns games they agreed to let it go back to singleplayer)... apparently was a multiplayer focused titled at one point. which is probably why its taking so long
And they brought back a guy from DA2 to help

Speaking of Starfield...  i was surprised Baldur's Gate 3 is launching basically the same week.    (i imagine its xbox date will be later...   which im okay with as long as they confirm a date.)

Mortal Kombat new game offical announcement should be either really soon or also part of the upcoming showcases.   Rumors are wild right now.

Some clarifications:  Mark Darrah was the Executive producer for the DA franchise since DA:O.  He is the grandfather of the DA franchise.  He left in 2020 on the same day as Casey Hudson in Dec. 2020.  They considered it, and it seemed genuinely, a passing of the guard.  

David Gaider was the Father, lead Writer and visionary of DA - he left in 2016 after EA pushed for DA4 to be live service like Anthem.  He has a new game coming out, which is absolutely out of the ordinary  (https://www.summerfallstudios.com/stray-gods ).  I'll play this if it gets ported to consoles, if for no other reasons than it looks so different/new and the story telling should be stellar.

The shift from MP to single player happened back in 2018, but apparently it was a huge shift as core systems had to be re-written.  However, the writing team, lead by Patrick Weekes (moved to DA from ME between 2 & 3 so helped write DAI - father of Grunt, Mordin, wrote Garrus in ME2, etc), is phenomenal, which still employs many/most of the original writers from the DA franchise.  So the writing, story, character dev. and narrative has a HUGE chance to be superb given the amount of time they've had to write.

In regard to Mark Darrah's return, that happened last month, and it was not at Bioware's request to him, but as an offer to Bioware from Mark Darrah, which Bioware accepted.  He is not back in a leadership role, but basically as a consistency consultant to ensure or provide feedback on connecting the dots between the current game and the lore/stories of the past.  Even with excellent writing the two founders of the DA series were/are not on the project, thus there was a HUGE risk of critical Lore drops, Lore inconsistencies, Story gaps and Inconsistencies.  There is retconn'ing and then there's dropping the ball entirely, which hopefully Mark's input will mitigate.  And trust me the DA fans are LORE junkies and will be very harsh over storylines and lore that break three games of consistencies.  Who knows....the push back of one year, might have been after Mark gave an initial report on his opinion of the progress and needed changes, fixes, tweaks, etc.  If nothing else, the timing of his return and the push back on release date is interesting.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: What Are you Playing Now & General Game Discussions - Stewy - 05-12-2023, 12:14 PM