Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What Are you Playing Now & General Game Discussions
(06-23-2023, 12:53 PM)Stewy Wrote: TotK is absolutely awesome.  It takes every good from BotW and does it better.  Adds new stuff that makes it better.  Brings back real difficulty (you are going to die ALOT, get ready for it) to the gameplay.  It's like everything is just MORE.  And even though we all know what the story is, ultimately, they way they told it this time actually had me longing to followit and reach for the next clue.

With that said, I'll probably still give the FFXVI demo a try at least.   It's free.  Can't hurt.  But Im sure I'll have a multi hour update since I haven't turned my PS5 on in months.  lol

TotK has grown on me significantly. While at times I do get a little frustrated with the similarities (read: carbon copies) from BotW (Koroks, shrines, overworld mapping, etc.) the new features, especially fuse and ultrahand, are absolutely amazing. If BotW didn't exists TotK would be my frontrunner for best modern game ever. I haven't had the same experience with the difficulty. I'd say it's about the same as Master Mode from BotW, thankfully without the regenerating health for monsters. That might just be a byproduct of the way I play open world games. I've only done one of the sage quests. The rest of the time I've just been derping around doing random stuff (agree with the story part, first thing I did was hunt down all the memories) and getting probably too powerful in that I can just run through the main line with little difficulty. 

I usually do my first playthrough just playing however, but I've already reinstated my "no special abilities from clothes, only food" rule from my subsequent playthroughs of BotW. I find it makes searching for and collecting items a more integral part of the game. I'm also focusing on populating the compendium myself. 

I did stumble upon the final boss (area at least) I can tell it is going to be epic. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: What Are you Playing Now & General Game Discussions - CKwi88 - 06-23-2023, 01:37 PM