Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What Are you Playing Now & General Game Discussions
(07-15-2023, 06:48 PM)Stewy Wrote: Serious Question:

Why do diehard Bethesda fanboys call New Vegas a Bethesda game?  It's an Obsidian game, that's published by Bethesda.  Same as DooM is an id game published by Bethesda.  It's clearly something different than the other Fallout Games and Bethesda was to my understanding almost completely hands off.  It's like calling Mass Effect 3 an EA game and ignoring that Bioware developed it mostly hands off from their publisher.

Why?

Some context:  I am a member of two fantastic Facebook groups for DA and ME, so with Starfield coming I joined a SF/Beth group, and it is complete trash.  Console vs. PC elitists', (Real Fan) Gatekeeping, every other post is a smack on PS5 players being left out in the cold.  My gawd it's pathetic.  It makes me embarrassed to call myself a gamer.  I left the group.

The console wars are weird lol...

I dont know if ive ever lumped New Vegas as a Bethesda Game   but just a Fallout game in general.  (i might have lumped it in with other bethesda titles for the Creation engine at some point im sure ) NV tracks a little better with FO1 and 2 imo as its endings are a bit more open ended with more options.

I do know a lot of people confuse Bethesda the Game Devs with Bethesda the Publisher lol...  (understandable i guess)  

Now ME3 you can see some EA influence on the series by that point...   Some publishers do have an effect on their devs... Like when Blizzard was purchased by Activision.    Bioware has had less hints under EA than before.  (i think EA purchased right after ME1 launched)

I do see people trying to use Baldurs Gate 3 on PS to fight Starfield on Xbox.  And while its silly if it helps Baldurs gate 3 sales then im okay with it lol.   I want both games to do well. and will be buying both myself.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: What Are you Playing Now & General Game Discussions - XenoMorph - 07-17-2023, 09:58 AM