Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What Are you Playing Now & General Game Discussions
(07-17-2023, 09:58 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: The console wars are weird lol...

I dont know if ive ever lumped New Vegas as a Bethesda Game   but just a Fallout game in general.  (i might have lumped it in with other bethesda titles for the Creation engine at some point im sure )   NV tracks a little better with FO1 and 2 imo as its endings are a bit more open ended with more options.

I do know a lot of people confuse Bethesda the Game Devs with Bethesda the Publisher lol...  (understandable i guess)  

Now ME3 you can see some EA influence on the series by that point...   Some publishers do have an effect on their devs... Like when Blizzard was purchased by Activision.    Bioware has had less hints under EA than before.  (i think EA purchased right after ME1 launched)

I do see people trying to use Baldurs Gate 3 on PS to fight Starfield on Xbox.  And while its silly if it helps Baldurs gate 3 sales then im okay with it lol.   I want both games to do well. and will be buying both myself.

You were not the type of person I was referring to, but I was figuring you might have seen those i was referring to.

I will describe these fanboy individuals based upon some repeated behaviors I saw in the Starfield group.
---100% Guaranteeing it will be great
-Already anointing it the GOTY and saying "Zelda who?"
---Waxing not so poetically about how they don't care about the launch bugs, but love them, and that they add charm to the games.
---Taking 7-14 days off from work to play
-Speaking proudly of the damage this will do to their relationships, especially significant others

These were not isolated references but entire and repeated posts within the group.

As for ME and EA, I wasn't meaning that EA had no influence at all, but until Andromeda EA wasn't inserting management from other studios into the Bioware culture.  There's a big difference having some influence on timing and direction and being directly responsible for development, which is what I was referring to when individual were saying that NV is a Bethesda game and not even acknowledging Obsidian.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: What Are you Playing Now & General Game Discussions - Stewy - 07-17-2023, 11:31 AM