Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What Are you Playing Now & General Game Discussions
(07-17-2023, 11:31 AM)Stewy Wrote: You were not the type of person I was referring to, but I was figuring you might have seen those i was referring to.

I will describe these fanboy individuals based upon some repeated behaviors I saw in the Starfield group.
---100% Guaranteeing it will be great
-Already anointing it the GOTY and saying "Zelda who?"
---Waxing not so poetically about how they don't care about the launch bugs, but love them, and that they add charm to the games.
---Taking 7-14 days off from work to play
-Speaking proudly of the damage this will do to their relationships, especially significant others

These were not isolated references but entire and repeated posts within the group.

As for ME and EA, I wasn't meaning that EA had no influence at all, but until Andromeda EA wasn't inserting management from other studios into the Bioware culture.  There's a big difference having some influence on timing and direction and being directly responsible for development, which is what I was referring to when individual were saying that NV is a Bethesda game and not even acknowledging Obsidian.

I think starfield will be a GOTY nominee   But who wins this year especially is to hard to call way to many big well received games already and more to come.

I seriously cant even get my list down to 6  (normally 1 is an indie title)
Diablo 4
Hogwarts
Baldurs Gate 3
Starfield
Zelda
FF16 
Spiderman 2
Starwars Jedi Survivor
Indie Title*

Then you got some new Mario/Sonic games coming lol 

Maybe this is the year we get a Remake/Remaster of the Year catagory lol as there is a lot of those too

As for Starfield... nothing is gaurenteed lol..   Based on my experiences with their past titles im sure Ill love it. and spend many hours with it.   it would be hard to compare it to a Zelda or BG3 1 for 1 as they are all very different.    

Obsidian is one of those sneaky good studios lol   cant wait to see what they got cooking next....  After outerworlds 2 and avowed.   
I can see people that dont do any research not knowing.  They just know Bethesda owns Fallout now so they think its all bethesda.   But studios send out for sequels all the time and Obsidian was usually that studio lol.

As far as starfield the weirdest console war part right now is them saying BG3 is their answer to starfield. (which like i said let it drive up sales) but these games are nothing alike besides from being RPGs they just happen to launch on the same date on the opposite consoles. i just hope those folks buying BG3 to somehow spite Xbox realize what they are buying and dont negatively review it cause its not what they expected.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: What Are you Playing Now & General Game Discussions - XenoMorph - 07-17-2023, 12:53 PM