Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What Are you Playing Now & General Game Discussions
My Starfield update:

Being playing on and off since launch on Gamepass.

Current status: Lvl 10 - completely re-designed my ship, to make it much larger, which was a mistake - too much mass. Need to cut back the mass and increase the cargo space. I wanted more space for me crew, and it really is irrelevant in the early game I think. Going for a stealth build. Currently Stealth 3, and have unlocked Stealth 4 - just need the skill point. I don't use companions any more. They get in the way and interfere with my stealth play. From a story perspective, I've rescued the guy who gave you the ship.

Cash = easy - just loot and sell everything, excepting the storage space issue - see below
Storage Space (Personal/ship/???) = A critical pain in the ass. I have 800+ mass of RSS on my ship and it's only going to get worse.
Fallout Comment - I miss VATS

Caveat: Nothing is AMAZING to me. It is not an amazing game. It's good, but not ground breaking or generational. It's like they took concepts from 6 different games in 6 different genre's and sewed them all together into one big game. It seems they've done that somewhat well, but any one concept, let's say "Space Combat" has been done significantly better elsewhere. Galactic travel, solar system to solar system? Mass Effect Andromeda did it far better in the Helious cluster. Any positives are only light positives only.

Positives:
Combat: fun, but not ground breaking, I am about to buy my first real sniper rifle so my opinion may chance, but nothing special here.
Story: Interesting so far, but like most Beth games, there is no urgency to move the story because there is no hook. You're out to solve a mystery. Apparently a big mystery.....maybe yes. Maybe no.
Characters / Interactions / Ambient Atmosphere: Best of the Beth games. They obviously put time into making their characters more "real" with better and more interesting dialogue.

Negatives:
Controls / Tutorials / Guides: Awful. Moving around the Star map is awful. Lack of local maps is awful. Fast traveling everywhere (literally) is a missed opportunity for better Immersion. This is one thing that Mass Effect Andromeda did extremely well when traveling between systems in the Helious cluster and even traveling planet to planet within a system. If you're going to "borrow" concepts from other games, at least try to do them better, not worse.

Generated Planets: I'm going to try not to be too critical here. I need more time to explore I think, but I haven't been impressed thus far.

Overall: I'll keep playing, but I'm not pining at work thinking about my next sit down with Starfield.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: What Are you Playing Now & General Game Discussions - Stewy - 09-13-2023, 06:01 PM