Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What Are you Playing Now & General Game Discussions
(09-15-2023, 11:20 AM)Stewy Wrote: But bottom line:  let's not pretend that these worlds are 95% random AI, because they absolutely are.

@Baseballguy - the answer to "How do you recognize AI generated worlds?" is above.  They're essentially everywhere and all around you.

(09-15-2023, 04:37 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: so your saying you have a different amount of planets and moons in a system than i do?

I said the Events and locations on a planet can be random But the planets themselves are not HENCE A WHOLE PLANET IS NOT JUST GENERATED in but the locations on it can be

The articles talked about how they Used AI to generate the planets then added handcrafted elements to them (In the beginning not while your playing the game)

Then the proceedurely generated things will happen every time you land

So what I thought (i guess incorrectly) was everything about the starting planets (however many there could've been) was NOT procedurally generated. I mean, Earth is in the game...surely they didn't procedurally generate that..or the moon? I guess I was wrong? That's what led me to believe some planets would be handcrafted and the rest would be rando.

It never even occurred to me that the entire planet would be random (terrain and points of interest) outside the main cities.

Still a fun game...the last patch seemed to address some of my performance issues so I've put in a few more hours on it. I don't think I'll have as sharp of eyes as Stewy though and recognize recycled locations as quickly.
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: What Are you Playing Now & General Game Discussions - basballguy - 09-15-2023, 05:49 PM