Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What Are you Playing Now & General Game Discussions
(09-15-2023, 04:37 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: so your saying you have a different amount of planets and moons in a system than i do?

I said the Events and locations on a planet can be random But the planets themselves are not HENCE A WHOLE PLANET IS NOT JUST GENERATED in  but the locations on it can be

The articles talked about how they Used AI to generate the planets then added handcrafted elements to them  (In the beginning not while your playing the game)

Then the proceedurely generated things will happen every time you land

We're having a misunderstanding here while you're having your snit.  The planets themselves were created by AI with inputs about Terrain, resources etc.  But they are NOT created as you land.  I don't believe I ever said the entire planet is created as you lansd or that Solar systems would be different etc.  Where you got that i do not know.  Being created by AI and Procedurally generated events, RSS, nodes, locations are two different things.  The locations, loot, RSS nodes and location "activities" are procedurally generated.  There is very likely a pool or random "hand crafted" events and activities for the computer to generate for you, thus we could go to the same location in our games and it is likely (I hope) that there would be different things there.

They procedural generation happens the first time you land, not every time.  Once a planet is populated, it's static.  I have not had a single location change once revisited.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: What Are you Playing Now & General Game Discussions - Stewy - 09-15-2023, 07:38 PM