Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What Are you Playing Now & General Game Discussions
Starfield update:

Level 21 now, almost 22. Unlocked first three powers, then decided to do something else for a bit. The first power is pretty badass especially with my stealth build. Love my current rifle. It isn't exclusively meant to be a sniper, but it's the best one can do early game. Stealth maxed, two chameleon pieces and working toward the concealment skill.

General thoughts:
Space Combat - still unthrilled. It's an important part of the game, but I find myself spending far too many points in it just to be able to progress, and/or lower the difficulty just to get past ships 10 levels lower than me. So I invested in points until I could build a class B ship, spent 140k to upgrade it to the max 3x particle beams (read that it's best to focus on one type). Shields 3x stronger, 4 max size engines, etc. Basically everything you can upgrade at this point in the game, I upgraded. Haven't been in a fight since I re-built my ship, but I'm looking forward to the next battle instead of dreading them. :)

Carry Weight Management: Awful - just awful. his really is a low point for the game. I hope they allow mods eventually on XBOX because "RSS weighs nothing" will be my first mod. RSS weighs FAR too much. It should weigh 1/0th of what it does. I collect everything usable (I don't collect coffee cups, etc.) and when doing so, RSS easily is 70-80% of my mass and that is ridiculous. I plan to invest in the Weight Lifting skill, but it's like trying to use an eye dropper to put out a forest fire. Not exaggerating.
---Minor Solutions: Personal Safe at the Lodge - it has unlimited space. When my ship and I are full, I lug all my RSS to my safe in the Lodge. It currently has over 5000 mass in it. When I want to do research or mod something, I grab it all, go to the basement, then walk up to put it all back. Outposts, do not have unlimited storage containers and are not linked to your other outposts, nor are your outpost storage linked to your work stations. It's like Beth looked at the FO4 system and said nope - let's take 10 steps back, make it onerous and not make it easy for the players. Some have speculated that unlimited containers will end up behind a pay wall, but I hope not. There is also apparently, hard to find container on a desk in the basement itself that is unlimited, so I'll be moving my RS there instead of lugging it from my room.
---You can add items directly to your ships hold from the field - Go to the character screen, click on SHIPS, and click on the Cargo Hold, switch to YOUR inventory and if you're close enough you can add items directly to the ships hold from your inventory. You need to be within 200-300 meters, but it's far better than walking all the way back, zoning into your ship and zoning back out.

Outposts - Worthless at the moment due to all the limitation and steps backward from FO4 - see above for a small taste.

Exploring - Positive: It's easy to just get lost in yourself wandering around, killing fauna, picking up the random quest while working your way toward a distant undiscovered location. I got 2.5 (18-20.5) levels farming polymer on a planet, just doing stuff as it came at me or to me.

Skill Points: Seems like too few ATM. I hope the leveling curve doesn't slow down dramatically or I'm not going to be happy with my build. I could spend 5-6 points right now easily and that's not lvl 1 skills....that's skills i've completed the interim challenge and am ready to move up.

SPOILER ALERT:
WARNING: before you start any major MAIN story or faction quest, search google for if it is bugged. There are several main quests that game breaking bugs with no current solution beyond console commands. I'm not saying to spoil the quest, but to look up in there is a major bug. Be careful. Many are absolutely game breaking. Example: In the UC Vanguard Faction questline, you need a specific type of weapon or you cannot progress. The quest spawns the type of weapon you need, and you can pick it up to progress, but currently it is likely to NOT SPAWN. As the city you are in is on lockdown until you complete the quest, you are stuck without the weapon and literally your game is broken. Current solution is to take a weapon of the type you need with you (EMP). My problem is I'm stuck because I haven't even seen an EMP weapon yet. So I'm holding off.
---Point being - these kinds of problem are COMMON, so read up and don't break your game especially if you're on XBOX and have no console command resolutions.

Bethesda has a lot of fixing and tweaking to do. BUGS I understand and Beth is known for them. But whoever designed outposts and whoever QC'd them needs to be fired, seriously.

Mostly, enjoying the game. I like the combat. Many of the quests are very well done and not just the main quests, but the primary side quests, faction quests and secondary side quests. The "tasks" are your basic fetch quests, but I mostly ignore those. Very glad I didn't purchase it however or I'd be pissed at the broken quests, boring space combat and horrible outpost mechanic (one of my favorite aspects of FO4.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: What Are you Playing Now & General Game Discussions - Stewy - 09-18-2023, 12:26 PM