Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What Are you Playing Now & General Game Discussions
I played through Starfield and have mixed feelings. Just in case not everyone has finished I won't go into any details that can contain spoilers to stories.

Please keep in mind I am a Bethesda fan having played Morrowind, Fallout 3, Oblivion, Fallout NVegas, Skyrim, Fallout 4, and Fallout 76 (which I still play).

I'll just say for my first run through which was launch vanilla, I give my overall playthrough a 6/10.

So why the 6/10 for one the most hyped up games from a gaming company I've been loyal to for 20 years now?
- I didn't care for the main storyline at all, I won't say why exactly due to spoilers.
- One of the major faction quests (the Freestar one) got bugged and I didn't properly save before that and the quest got stuck on a character stuck in a loop. So never did finish it because I wasn't going to go back and play 3 hours worth before that where my last good save was.
- Another major faction questline was one of the most boring ones I have ever played in any game. Fly to this place, talk two lines, fly all the way back, rinse repeat. Then the final parts of it relied on being stealthy which was a broken mess. This quest was a 2/10 for me, never will do it again.
- The ship vendor at the main port in New Atlantis disappeared about halfway thru the playthrough. Just gone, vanished, never saw him again.
- I never once used the weapon/armor modding mechanics. I thought this part of the game from Bethesda was very poorly implemented overall considering how big it was in previous games.
- Outposts, never used. Maybe they are needed for XP exploits or for playing the game on very hard or something, but overall pointless for my first playthrough.
- The AI is still classic Bethesda AI. It was great 15 years ago but got could use a complete 2.0 overhaul for their next game.

So this was my vanilla launch experience, and I won't be playing it again anytime soon. For me to go back it will need some patches for sure, but also a lot of mods from the modding community like mods for the star map. Even then I don't know how much re-playability it will get like the other games did. I just couldn't get immersed into the "world" is what it comes down to. Maybe it's just too big for it's own good for me.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: What Are you Playing Now & General Game Discussions - Millhouse - 09-26-2023, 10:34 AM