Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What Are you Playing Now & General Game Discussions
(02-27-2019, 11:39 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: dude xbox isn't threatened by Nintendo and shouldn't be... The switch sells well cause its like that side piece...  You have an xbox or ps as a main and everyone has a switch lol...    This will be an xbox streaming service for the games coming to switch using their xcloud that can stream forza 4 to a smartphone.

PS4 has big named exclusives but they are barely 10 hours long then quickly forgotten... Where as the games I have on xbox play for years.

Xbox wont be going the way of sega they just purchased a bunch of game studios to strengthen their library of games.

Lol okay man. Didn't know I was speaking to an Xbox die-hard. I'll just say this: in only 2 years, the Switch has already sold more than the Xbox One. So shrugging it off as a "side piece" seems kinda silly at this point. That may be how you and your buds see it, but Nintendo has a very die hard fan base that you may be underestimating. 

PS4 pretty much owned this console generation, regardless of how you feel about their games (and personally, I'm not a fan). The Switch has been top dog over the last 2 years, partially due to "newness", but partially because people WANTED Nintendo to make a comeback. The Wii was a massive short term success, but the motion controls turned off the die-hard fan base. 

The Switch was a great (and novel) idea, but I truly believe any Nintendo system would've sold well as long as they dumped the motion controls and the Wii name associated with them. Mario, Zelda, Pokemon, Smash Bros and Metroid is easily the most popular first party lineup of any console, so a comeback was pretty much inevitable. 

Maybe you're right about Xbox. I wouldn't say they're dead yet, but just the fact that they ran out and bought a bunch of IP's shows that they realized they had an issue with this generation. That's why the Xbox One was so far behind the PS4 and Switch in sales. Don't mistake me as an Xbox hater. I sincerely don't get into blind allegiance to one console or another.

I based my statements about Xbox on their poor sales compared to other consoles, all this buddy-buddy stuff with Nintendo, as well as all the rumors about Microsoft possibly leading the way (eventually) with game streaming services. They seem the most eager to move on from home consoles.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: What Are you Playing Now & General Game Discussions - Shake n Blake - 02-28-2019, 12:43 AM