Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ickey Woods - huge things, Mixon future
(07-19-2018, 12:17 PM)sandwedge Wrote: You left out the best part, Woods calling PA's zone scheme CRAP! 
Not sure I like the fact Mixon is down to 218, but he says he was at that weight in Norman. I thought he ran great at 230 myself.

I like Ickey telling it like it is, he knows what a good blocking scheme looks like. McNally is a great mind and i love
how Pollack looks up and listens to him so intently. Sounds like Lazor and Pollack are doing everything they can to
improve. They have no high horse.

We will see how much faster this makes Mixon but i agree, he looked plenty fast at 230 and i liked how he could
punish the likes of Jabril Peppers with that weight last year.

(07-19-2018, 12:18 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Oh yes ! The final score didn't even begin to relay the total butt whupping we took in that game. They took us out behind the woodshed and made us like it.

Our offensive line hasn't dominated anybody in the run game in years, well besides Cleveland and well they don't really count. And I'm not looking for any 1975 three yards in a cloud of dust crud. Just some true holes and a run game that the opposition can't totally ignore.

It was embarassing to say the least, i want to do this to the Steelers.

To finally get a run blocking coach in here has to get people excited.

(07-19-2018, 12:20 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: right Aggressive linemen help reduced batted balls at the line too...

hard to jump and put your hands up when you being pushed backwards.

Great point, JJ Watt won't just be able to jump up and intercept Dalton if he is getting pushed backwards.

That passive blocking could very well be why we didn't win that Playoff game.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ickey Woods - huge things, Mixon future - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 07-19-2018, 01:02 PM