Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Carson Palmer: A Football Life
I'm quoting a ton of people here lol, here goes:

(08-08-2018, 10:56 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: I'll always have a soft spot for Palmer, and I guess I'm one of the few who doesn't fault him for leaving.

I honestly don't understand why anyone blames him. He's far from the first player to want out of the Brown family circus , and I'd wager just about anything he won't be the last Whatever

I've realized over the years that a good number of Bengal "fans" I've personally met have disdain for Carson. Also, a lot of these people are also what I call "fake fans" (i.e. They have no idea who Carl Pickens is). It's almost like you can tell the type of Bengal fan a person is by how they feel about Carson Palmer. The people who jumped aboard the Carson/Chad/TJ bandwagon back in 2004/2005 now hate Carson because he "betrayed them". The people who have been lifelong fans understand why Carson wanted out and don't blame him for it. If they do hate him, it's for other reasons (blows my mind how many people can't let the Ohio state thing go Whatever )

I'm looking forward to this special. I'm hoping his time as a Bengal isn't glossed over and he expands on the final conversation/confrontation with Mike Brown.

Not true at all, especially being Canadian born and raised; you MUST have been invested and know enough at a young age and I always knew who Pickens was, especially since I always traded him away first in Madden, so that I could cut his huge salary lol. As for the "blame," thing...

(08-08-2018, 11:47 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: Well maybe not, but my point is that most Bengal fans (that I've met anyway) who seem to know little about the history of the team also hate Carson because he demanded a trade.

While 99% of the time I would agree and ridicule any player as a "quitter", with the Brown Family Bengals, it's just different. We all know why  Whatever The Bengals are the exception, not the rule. There have been plenty of players that wanted out of the dysfunction before Carson, and plenty have had negative things to say about the organization after they leave. What does that tell you?

As much as I love this team, I'll never fault any player for demanding a trade away from this organization. 

In terms of that, Dillon has, not so much retracted his comments, but apologised and basically called himself out as a little whiny prick, while he should've manned up and dealt with his departure differently.

Pickens has never said anything.

Joseph is a little, whiny POS.

Those are all the vocal guys I can think of; Willie has been vocal too, yet he still hangs around the team, the city, etc. so who knows what he thinks.

(08-09-2018, 09:10 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I sure as hell didn’t appreciate seeing him laughing.

I swear Dalton is completely above criticism to some of you.

How is that above criticism?

Like when I used to coach baseball, all the parents wanted me to get angry at the umpires and get in their face and they'd be pissed when I didn't.

Why would anyone mope and be angry? Go with the flow and just realised that the team (including yourself) just didn't have it that day, go back to the drawing board and make sure it never happens again; THAT is the measure of a true leader/winner/etc.

I'm not saying laughing it off is the right thing to do either, but a situation like this is absolutely NOT black and white, nor does it have to be.

(08-09-2018, 09:16 AM)Pat5775 Wrote: Carson signed that contract a week before his knee got ripped to shreds by Pittsburgh. At the time he signed that contract, it looked like the team was going nowhere but up. The Bengals were a rising young team and just about everyone agreed the team had turned a corner. In his first 3 years as a Bengal, everything looked great. He would have been foolish not to sign an extension. 

Fast forward 5 years, and it's clear Mike Brown is still calling the shots (i.e. Ruining the team) and that maybe Marv isn't the best option as a head coach. Who knows what changes Carson wanted, but clearly a few of Marvins demands were met (I think they were all met this time around in January... Hopefully). 

The 2011 Bengals saw immediate success because they got rid of two of the biggest problems on the field, Chad and TO. Also, letting bratkowski go was long over due. We can't forget that the team went 10-6 and swept the AFC North only two years prior. If anything, I think having Carson throwing to AJ and the rest of the young guys would have been better than the rookie Dalton. Who knows how the next 4 years would have played out though...

... that's just your opinion and there's plenty of evidence to disprove it.

For example, I feel Carsone and Bratkowski were the two main problems in 2010 on offense, by far; Bratkowski couldn't manage the line properly (aside from RT, everyone was essentially as good as they were the previous year, so it wasn't on PA) and Carsone just had an awful year throwing the ball.

Owens didn't help matters, but he had a really good year. Chad never had a problem that year.

Bottom line, for me, he just was another whiny POS like Joseph; I don't have any ill will towards him, but his actions were entitled and he still acted like hot ****, even though he had a middling to poor year; I don't agree with that attitude and when it hurts the team (which it did), that's not right.

ESPECIALLY when guys who are busting their asses, have no say in the matter and try their best to even make the team.

But anyways, I'll watch it, but I don't care about him anymore and I sure as hell aren't wearing his jersey anymore.

But I won't burn it like many have Wink

(08-09-2018, 10:20 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I’d say that’s Jets game a couple years ago where he got sacked five times and still put on a show and won the game is evidence he has it in him as well. I just want to see it come out more often.

7* times Wink
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Carson Palmer: A Football Life - J24 - 08-08-2018, 08:47 PM
RE: Carson Palmer: A Football Life - J24 - 08-11-2018, 02:09 AM
RE: Carson Palmer: A Football Life - Truck_1_0_1_ - 08-09-2018, 12:15 PM
RE: Carson Palmer: A Football Life - McC - 08-09-2018, 03:29 PM
RE: Carson Palmer: A Football Life - McC - 08-09-2018, 06:40 PM
RE: Carson Palmer: A Football Life - McC - 08-10-2018, 12:42 AM
RE: Carson Palmer: A Football Life - McC - 08-10-2018, 03:11 PM