Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1st half observations (v.Cowboys)
(08-19-2018, 01:25 AM)TKUHL Wrote: This offense looked horrible! But it's only pre season yada yada bull, they still tried and looked bad. Ive convinced myself 2 years ago that this team will never win the AFC Conference (forget SB) as long as Dalton and Marvin are here. Ross looks scared and Mixon has been a dissapointment so far, maybe they should have taken Cook or Kamara. I'm just not seeing the hype with Mixon. I know the line sucks but he should be able to make something happen from time to time.

I feel your frustration, but Mixon had no chance tonight. I mean it wasn't it even close. Their front 7 manhandled ours. That let their DBs play tighter against short and mid-routes. Andy wasn't going to have time to throw deep. I forget who started the thread about the Dallas game being a good test for our oline. 

Oh yeah, it was a good test. And we failed. That's about all you can say. I think we might have been able to wear them down. We looked really strong against the run at times. Preston Brown, Jordan Evans are the real deal. Vigil made alot of plays tonight, too. Billings is a freak. Did you see him toss that DB for a loss? I thought he might even get a safety out of it, but it pinned them at the 1 1/2 yard line. Our Dline is deep. But the Cowboys gashed our 2s. They even hurt us on the ground against our 1s. Especially on the drive that led to their only TD. 

Hate to say this, but MJ's just not bringing anything special to our DLine. Don't get me wrong, I think he's still a solid player. He just doesn't really pose an imminent threat to the QB. 

Anyway, I don't think we have any reason to doubt Mixon. If Cleveland is the deathbed of QBs, we're the deathbed of good RBs. Alot of them come here and die behind a weak oline. We're always close to last place in Yards Per Carry. Why? The Oline can't run block. 
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: 1st half observations (v.Cowboys) - BURROWorBUST - 08-19-2018, 01:42 AM