Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1st half observations (v.Cowboys)
RT is still a major position of need. Hart didnt impress and of course CedO seems to be struggling with fast rushers off the edge, however he did have some good run blocks against Dallas's backups. But Dallas's backups may not be very good at all.

DTs came to play. Billings and Geno were pushing people around.

DE's didnt do anything until the second unit came in. Our first string DE's were nowhere near Dak.

Andy didnt look sharp at all this game

Walton must be averaging -5 ypc in preseason. Literally have seem nothing but him getting tackled in the backfield on first contact.

Phillips looks like the real deal as a returner.

Russel is a baller. He' been making plays in the secondary both games. Dude wants to be on the roster apparently.

Brown looks like he should be our kicker. This dude looks like a future star kicker in the NFL.

Jefferson turned in a little better performance last night, although you can tell he's not playing full speed yet. I imagine he's still trying to learn the defense.

Tate continues to not look easily coverable. He almost made an insane catch falling down on the play that he drew the PI call. Anyway, he drew the PI call because he had his man beat and I noticed other plays where he had separation

Driskel looks a helluv a lot better than Barkley. He looks like he has some real upside. He can move but he needs to work on pocket presence. Munoz and Tobin both mentioned Driskel should've stepped up in the pocket when CedO got his holding call. From what I saw, they were right. That wasnt "all" Ced. He had to hold on way too long and he struggles with speedy rushers bad.

I am not worried about much yet, except the RT. I feel like the play calling was intentional when they kept trying to run behind Hart and Hopkins. It didnt look good either, and I think thats what the coaches wanted to see. We werent playing to win as much as we were testing questionable spots for film so they know what to work on. I have a hunch some of those low% plays were ran for those purposes.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: 1st half observations (v.Cowboys) - bengaloo - 08-19-2018, 08:59 AM