Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1st half observations (v.Cowboys)
(08-19-2018, 08:32 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: The Good:  

Billings- Best he has looked so far.  Too bad the rest of the defense was asleep.  Haven't seen the game yet (I was out of town), but I'm hearing in critical plays he's still ending up on the ground.
Jordan Willis -Can we just stop with MJ getting any snaps at DE now?
Hubbard -Ditto
Uzomah-making the most of his chances.  
John Brown-  That kick might have been good from 65 yards.  Fat Randy could never do that, nor could he ever catch a returner.  I would go with this young guy.  He has tremendous upside.    I hope we don't make the mistake we made last year.  Granted there was some risk involved with the other kicker.   I don't see anything but a theoretical risk in this one. 

Cethan Carter-Nice effort.  Not going to bump anyone from the roster ahead of him, but a solid effort in his opportunities.
Not much else

The Bad:

Offensive line scheme with the #1s-  I thought we were not going to do the crappy, wussy slide protections and always try to look for a cut back lane that isn't there.  Everything was side to side.  Line up and drive!  This was a great opportunity to see what kind of push your offensive line could get and they reverted back to this sissy slides.  Wasted opportunity.  I have to watch again to single everyone out, but Ogbuehi was a turd.  That much is obvious.    This is what makes me believe we're not just holding back till the regular season.  You're right.  Wasted opportunity.  They need to just release Oguehi.

Pretty much everything with the #1s offense.  Not in sync.  Not good protection.  Ball security.  

The #1 defense:  Cowboys just go:  Pound for two yards, pound for two yards, short pass against zone giving up an easy 8 yard completion.  Wash, rinse, repeat.  Eventually you will break a ten yard run and eventually you will have a pass go more than 10 yards.  They didn't overthink it, they were patient and just pounded the Bengals who chose to stay in conservative mode and not contest anything short.  If the Bengals do this against the Colts, we will play right in to their hands.  This is what I wanted OUR offense to do, but they obviously didn't. Yes

MJ- Please go to the bench.  If you must be on the roster, come in as a DT on passing downs only.

John Ross- Flashed his amazing ability again, but tipped a ball straight up that should have been picked off and had another easy drop.  I'm sorry, but from what I've seen and now heard this guy's a bust.    Needs to get more consistency.  Glad he played a lot of snaps to try and build his opportunities.

Joe Mixon- Stop shaking your head and pouting if a hole isn't there.  It isn't always going to be like your reception in game 1.  Man up and check your attitude. Everyone but my daughter disagrees with me.  But I think this guy's overrated.  I think his vision is poor and he can't handle adversity.  He's a talented diva who's not as good as he thinks he is.   Hope I'm wrong.

Andy Dalton- Missed wide open targets for potentially big plays that could have gotten the offense going.  Maybe the week of rain affecting practice effected the timing?  Maybe they should read that thread about the Vikings new practice facility?  I just think Andy's a really good player when you give him time.   If you don't give him time he's a bad quarterback. 

Bill Lazor-  I would have sworn Zampese's playbook was being used.  Dumb, dumb, dumb....and sissy-like.  What happened to attacking? Haven't seen the game, but that's my impression so far.   Same old thing.   You have to practice the attacking thing.

Teryl Austin- What happened to defending every pass?  Looked like Bob Breshnahan's defense of "don't give up the big play". That's what I've seen so far too. Puke.

The Ugly:  Well, the bad was all pretty bad, but I didn't call it ugly because it was a preseason game.  But it was all pretty damn ugly.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: 1st half observations (v.Cowboys) - 3wt - 08-20-2018, 02:41 PM