Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Uh-oh...Mixon might be out for a while
(09-20-2018, 12:52 PM)Millhouse Wrote: 1. Did you know that some have been making Mixon out to be an elite running back already? (he isn't, yet)

2. Did you also know that some of those folks implied that Dalton and the offense won't be nearly as good without that eliteness of Mixon?

3. If Dalton is as good as you and others think, then missing Mixon shouldn't matter that much. Personally I think Dalton is good enough to run this offense with Gio and should score just as much with AJ, Eifert, and Boyd.

ps. I used 100 yards because that is a cut off number for running backs, and used in official NFL historical records.

1. I haven't noticed anyone on here saying Mixon is straight up elite right now. Sure, people are excited by what they saw over the first 2 games and think we may have something special, but haven't seen anyone actually saying Mixon is a top 5 guy right now.

2. Again, I think you're slightly exaggerating to help your case. I've seen people that expect some drop off (myself included), but not many who think we're going to fall off a cliff or that it's hopeless without Mixon. 

3. Meh...I can think a QB is good and still expect some drop off when you lose an electrifying talent. Jared Goff has looked great for over a year now, but I'd expect that offense to take a hit if they lost Gurley (not saying that Mixon = Gurley...yet). As I've said before, I think this offense will still be very good without Mixon, but Mixon had the look of a guy that can elevate an offense from "very good" to Super Bowl caliber. 

Maybe those first 2 games will wind up an abberation. Who knows? But he looked like a game changer. He gave me the same feeling as when I saw Chad Johnson for the first time. Or AJ Green. Or Burfict. You just kinda get a feeling when you watch a guy early on, whether or not he can be that type of player.

To your PS: 100 yards is considered a great game for a RB, but 80-90 yards is also extremely good. A 1000 yard season only translates to 62.5 yards per game. 
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Uh-oh...Mixon might be out for a while - Shake n Blake - 09-21-2018, 12:07 AM