Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Mike and Marvin Show an Epic Fail
(11-20-2018, 12:51 PM)depthchart Wrote: It seems that Mike has been doing more & more giving in to Marvin's wishes, especially in 2018.

Unless I am mistaken, it was Marvin that wanted to over haul his Coaching Staff or was at least allowed to decide which Coaches to hire.

I think Teryl Austin was Marvin's guy & Mike let him get rid of Piano Man etc.

Mike, as GM, agreed to begin an O-line over haul. Either initiated or agreed to trade for Cordy Glenn & take a Center in round one. (Billy Price)

Mike opened his wallet to sign Dunlap & Atkins to extensions.

Marvin likely made the decision to take over as Defensive Co-ordinator after his handpicked guy in Teryl Austin failed.

The Bengals sit at 5 and 5 & are the first "in the hunt" Playoff contender team as the 7th ranked team in the AFC right now.

The O-line improvements have helped, yet it will take another offseason to continue the over haul.

Marvin will likely hand pick another Defensive Co-ordinator this upcoming offseason.

It seems to me that Marvin holds more of the reigns of decision making for this 2018 season and beyond.

I'm not so sure that the "horrible GM is holding him back" is the be all & end all here anymore.

I get that everything ultimately falls back on Mike, however, I see this as 90% Marvin's show going forward with some negative hangover of previous Mike influence still lingering.

It may be that Marvin has more influence than ever & just needs another offseason to finally Paint a Masterpiece or he paints a turd in 2019.

There may be more Marvin fingerprints on things and less Mike fingerprints on things going forward.

Brown isn't a great owner/GM.  That said, this team has had the talent to at least win a playoff game several times, and has always underachieved under Marvin.  The '09 game against the Jets with a rookie Mark Sanchez after we got to scout them with our backups should have been a win.  The first Houston loss when they had to trot their 3rd string QB out there should have been a win.  The Chargers game should have been a win.  The second Pittsburgh game would have been a win if Marvin could control his players.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Mike and Marvin Show an Epic Fail - Whatever - 11-20-2018, 01:34 PM