Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This coaching staff is terrible from top to bottom
(11-19-2018, 08:57 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Here's the thing.  They may have handicapped their future success for a year or two, BUT they actually won that Lombardi Trophy.  Frankly, I'm jealous as hell about it.  The Eagles fans got to scratch their team's name off of the list of teams that had never won a Super Bowl.

And the only thing we get to do is cut another notch on the failed seasons stock.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2018, 10:01 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: And the only thing we get to do is cut another notch on the failed seasons stock.

Yep, that was supposed to be us in '05 and '15.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
It's weird...in the year or so that I've been gone from the boards...I think more peoples attitudes are more similar to mine on the Bengals than to the irrational Bengals are great crowds.
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2018, 12:35 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I think this is finally the breaking point for me. I've held out judgement on Lazor, Hasselet, Teryl Austin...hell, even Marv.

Im ready to clean house after the season. I want all the guys mentioned above gone. Marvin needs to go, Lazor needs to go, Hue Jackson's stale ass needs to go. Im done, im over it. From the schemes to the personnel to the attitude of the coaching staff, lets move the hell on. It's just not working here anymore with these guys.

The Bengals are stuck in 2005 while other teams around the league are progressing. Better do it now before this team is completely rebuilding.

I agree, i like Van Pelt and Pollack but we need a new HC and let him pick an entire new staff.

I think this is the only way to get something fresh. Stale is the word right now for this team. We have good players.

No reason for this team to look like this on the field.
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2018, 05:30 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Ah yes, the Chicago Bears.  They are so much smarter than the Bengals.  I guess that is why they have won a total of 19 games over the last 4 years.

Funny how everyone here always praises the "flavor of the month" an fact like those teams are so much smarter than the Bengals when in fact they often do not accomplish what the Bengals have in recent years.

Remember when the Eagles front office was so smart that they knew exactly how to build a team that would contend for the Lombardi every year?  Or Jacksonville?

Remember when an NFL team kept a HC for 17 years who can't win in prime time, can't beat his most hated division rival, has the worst playoff record in NFL history and has zero playoff wins?  Me either.
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2018, 02:17 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I agree, i like Van Pelt and Pollack but we need a new HC and let him pick an entire new staff.

I think this is the only way to get something fresh. Stale is the word right now for this team. We have good players.

No reason for this team to look like this on the field.

I wouldn't mind keeping Simmons, Van Pelt, and Pollack as long as Merv and the rest all get canned. That said I also wouldn't mind letting a new HC pick his entire staff and if any or all 3 got dismissed so be it.
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2018, 12:35 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I think this is finally the breaking point for me. I've held out judgement on Lazor, Hasselet, Teryl Austin...hell, even Marv.

Im ready to clean house after the season. I want all the guys mentioned above gone. Marvin needs to go, Lazor needs to go, Hue Jackson's stale ass needs to go. Im done, im over it. From the schemes to the personnel to the attitude of the coaching staff, lets move the hell on. It's just not working here anymore with these guys.

The Bengals are stuck in 2005 while other teams around the league are progressing. Better do it now before this team is completely rebuilding.

The biggest problem with this coaching staff is they really think they are doing a great job.and Bill Lazor called a horrible game,he just does not get it and he is way way too conservative,and Cody Core was man-handled and marvin lewis does nothing about it.I would for once love to see him go off like a Bill Cowher would and just get ejected from the game and spit on the ref.They so suck and the league allows them to do this,and our players all said they were being held all game and the refs did NOTHING.WE ARE HATED IN THE NFL.Until we get a firey type coach that is in the game emotionally and knows his football,I will not support them anymore.They are such an embarrassment to all of us and I so feel so so bad for all of us long-suffering bengals fans and especially to our great city.so so SAD TO WATCH THIS CRAP.pissburg will win the division going away and probably make the AFC Championship.I would never bet against them. They know how to win,its called play dirty,play dirty and just knock people out.Look at how many of our players over the years have been on IR playing this bunch of jailbirds. Cool Cry :paul:
Reply/Quote
[Image: u3raw12mriz11.jpg]
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2018, 01:20 PM)bengalsturntup926 Wrote: Lol

The only way Marvin gets replaced and it will be Hue Jackson,believe that,is if all of you quit going to games rest of season. As long as they are butts in the seats,nothing will change. Empty the stadium and Mike will make a change,not until then.I can honestly say I seriously believe that the Pittsburg stoolers will be in the super bowl.No one can beat them.They win no matter where they play.Until we are out of this division our team will never be any good.
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2018, 03:23 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I wouldn't mind keeping Simmons, Van Pelt, and Pollack as long as Merv and the rest all get canned. That said I also wouldn't mind letting a new HC pick his entire staff and if any or all 3 got dismissed so be it.

Yeah, Simmons is a good coach. But as usual i agree with you, in the end the new HC should have all the power and
pick who he wants coaching with him. I think this is the only way we bring this team out of the dark place it is in right
now. Freshen it up.
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2018, 04:08 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yeah, Simmons is a good coach. But as usual i agree with you, in the end the new HC should have all the power and
pick who he wants coaching with him. I think this is the only way we bring this team out of the dark place it is in right
now. Freshen it up.

Simmons can hit the ***** road too.  He's got too many years of the stink of Marv on him.  Blow it all up and bury it with a shovel and then bury the shovel.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(11-20-2018, 08:03 PM)McC Wrote: Simmons can hit the ***** road too.  He's got too many years of the stink of Marv on him.  Blow it all up and bury it with a shovel and then bury the shovel.

So no Mike Zimmer either?
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2018, 08:03 PM)McC Wrote: Simmons can hit the ***** road too.  He's got too many years of the stink of Marv on him.  Blow it all up and bury it with a shovel and then bury the shovel.

I agree, just saying he hasn't been a bad coach here.
Reply/Quote
Top to bottom? There are no top coaches in Cincinnati. They are all at the bottom.
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2018, 11:43 AM)fredtoast Wrote: So no Mike Zimmer either?

I'm pretty sure Mike Zimmer does not work here.   You really have run out of come backs.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
(11-21-2018, 01:45 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I agree, just saying he hasn't been a bad coach here.

He has been good.  But guilt by association.  And why the hell won't he let Phillips ever get a return?  This is not a knock on Erickson, who has had a pretty good year as a returner.  But Phillips is a different animal.

Reply/Quote