Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Mike and Marvin Show an Epic Fail
(11-20-2018, 11:37 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: While I agree with the bulk of what you're saying the thread title is the fail not Andy Dalton.

I'm not getting into an AD debate but is he elite ? NO  But it was the same thing with Carson Palmer, John Kitna, McCarron and on and on. My point is it's not the players ! Your post would have been a lot better had you not decided to bash AD HE'S NOT THE PROBLEM

It's nail meet hammer with the horrible GM and a awful HC.

Honestly, I'm not sure any Bengals QB can become elite, at least not for very long, while Mike Brown is running the team and Marvin Lewis is the coach.

The purpose of my post was not to bash Dalton, but more to show the vast difference in the Bengals before Mike and with Mike. In a Paul Brown world either Marvin or Dalton or both would be long gone by now. You can't put up NFL all-time worst in the playoffs and not have price to pay though.

The Bengals are just not capable of going toe to toe with the best NFL teams and they really haven't been since Mike Brown took over. Sure there have been instances where the team looked like it was going to be that team, but they always find a way to fade.

Personally I don't care who the QB is. Really doesn't matter to me at all. If the team is contender, that is.

The NFL rules of today skew the stats of QBs and make it much easier for them compared to the days of Kenny Anderson and even Boomer Esiason. Looking at the list of the top 20 total scoring games in NFL history, 9 of them have come in the last 6 years, 4 of them in 2018 and the season isn't even over yet. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_highest_scoring_NFL_games
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Mike and Marvin Show an Epic Fail - BengalChris - 11-20-2018, 04:00 PM