Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Mike and Marvin Show an Epic Fail
(11-20-2018, 04:38 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I assume it was Marvin's decision, but Marvin has also selected multiple coordinators that did so well they got head coaching gigs (Frazier, Gruden, Zimmer).

I don't think Mike has handicapped Marvin at all with his coaching decisions, but I don't know for sure.  I think the worst damage Mike has done has been his refusal to sign decent free agents to fill holes in our roster.  That lack of talent has reduced Marvin's ability to win games.

Fair enough.

Mike does, however, spend money retaining players. (Dunlap/Atkins extended recently for example)

Jim Owczarski had a Post maybe last year showing that Mike isn't cheap when compared to all 31 other NFL Owners.

The Bengals were in the Top third of the NFL in spending over a recent span of time was Jim's point from what I remember.

The best case scenario would be that Mike has given Marvin more Power & Marvin can use that extra Power to set up the 2019 team to achieve success, since I'm pretty sure Marvin will be here in 2019.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Mike and Marvin Show an Epic Fail - depthchart - 11-20-2018, 04:57 PM