Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Mike and Marvin Show an Epic Fail
(11-20-2018, 06:11 PM)Wyche Wrote: You have a good point.  Look at Ken Anderson.  He had some good seasons, but was being booed at home.  Enter Forrest Gregg.  Sometimes a change at the top is all that is needed to get players playing to the best of their abilities....i.e being set up for success.

Forrest Gregg was great for the Bengals and his disciplined approached put everyone on notice.

Remember the first game of that season when Gregg benched Anderson and Turk Schonert came in and led the team back for a win? If you didn't perform for Gregg, you were on the bench and that included Anderson. That first game really set the tone for who was boss and the team put up its best record ever that year.

I'd love for a new coach to come in and straighten in out, but I'm not sure Mikey will actually let that happen. I always get the idea that Mike Brown will try to call all the shots and nothing will really change. After all, how does it take so many years to fire Paul Alexander?

I feel for Dalton a little because we do know that he can be a good QB as we've seen it in many games. But then we see stretches of games where you are left scratching your head.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Mike and Marvin Show an Epic Fail - BengalChris - 11-20-2018, 08:51 PM